I have been working in the environmental and sustainability space for twenty years. I have had a varied career as a researcher, certification manager, senior science advisor and consultant. I have always enjoyed auditing and verification work and that has been a constant in my career. I hold numerous professional qualifications including Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP), Lead EMS and Environmental Auditor (IEMA), and Certified Carbon Auditor (CEP NZ). I like to give back to the profession and volunteer my time to support other professionals in both the consultancy and auditing space. Find out more about my auditing experience here.
The team that supports Jeska
There is an incredible team at McHugh & Shaw. I am fortunate to have Maree Smith as Lead Greenhouse Gas Verifier and an experienced environmental assessor. Maree has over nine years of experience including both in the private sector and government. Prior to specialising in auditing Maree has provided consultancy and support to both small and large organisations. Maree has been with McHugh & Shaw since its inception. Our track record and extended network mean that I have the confidence to take on complex, technically challenging and large inventories. To meet international auditing standards I use external expert independent reviewers to provide technical reviews of all of our work.
I provide a seamless start to finish independent verification with no hidden costs. All auditors are professional, experienced and personable.
Our independent verification services include:
- Organisational GHG inventories (ISO 14064-1, GHG Protocol)
- Carbon Neutral Government Programme Supplier List
- Carbon product footprints (ISO 14067)
- Carbon footprints for events and services
- Certification schemes such as Ekos
- Verification Protocols ISO 14064-3 and ISO 14066
I provide a range of environmental assessment and auditing services:
- Environmental Choice Ecolabel (via the New Zealand Ecolabelling Trust)
- Sub-contract assessment services (e.g., ISO 14001 to Conformity Assessment Bodies)
- Evaluation of legal compliance (due diligence and ISO 14001)
- Product stewardship assessment
- Design of internal audit programmes
- Design of audit and certification programmes
- Technical experts
- Independent and technical reviewers
I will keep you up to date with our monthly subscription service* covering what you need to know from:
- Territorial Authorities
- Regional Councils
- Central Government and Commissions
- Voluntary Standards
This service provides updates and information on current consultations by relevant agencies. This service is ideal for environmental consultants, anyone with environmental responsibilities within an organisation, engineers and industry bodies.
* This service does not cover farming or farm services. We currently cover Auckland, Wellington and Canterbury regions.